“Nothing short of mesmerizing...”
By Lisa Peterson and Denis O’Hare
Based on Homer’s The Iliad, translated by Robert Fagles
JULY 20 - AUGUST 1 | Main Stage
In a modern-day retelling of Homer’s classic, a lone storyteller and a live musician deliver a visceral and brilliantly refreshing recollection of heroes, Greek gods, and humanity’s attraction to destruction and chaos. In a dynamic, contemporary, and immediate theatrical event, the embattled storyteller recounts one of literature’s most enduring legacies, while questioning whether or not anything has really changed. Greg Wood returns to PSF in a virtuosic turn to weave a powerful, poetic, and epic tale that captures both the heroism and horror of war. Contains some strong language. Ages 13+
Don’t miss the Lehigh Valley premiere of this epic and groundbreaking play.
- An Iliad will be performed for a limited-capacity socially distanced audience.
- Masks must be worn before, during, and after the performance.
- All live/in-person performances start at 6:30pm.
- Run time is approximately 90 minutes with no intermission.
- This production is also available to stream. View Virtual Performance Options.